jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r473755 [1/43] - in /jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-browser: ./ src/ src/main/ src/main/java/ src/main/java/org/ src/main/java/org/apache/ src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/ src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/browser/ src/main/resour
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:21:43 GMT
Hi,

On 11/13/06, Edgar Poce <edgarpoce@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/12/06, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> > Why do we need the dojo library in our subversion?
>
> It's not something we need, it's not a hard task to add dojo manually
> to a webapp. However, I thought that adding javascript libraries to
> subversion was the common practice, e.g. I think I saw commits of dojo
> sources in tapestry and cocoon.
> Do you think we should remove it?

No, at least the way I see it. Legally the dependency is fine (though
having license comments in each file and a standard NOTICE file would
be nice), so the question is mostly about the technical mechanism used
to include the Dojo library in the webapp. Since Javascript libraries
are distributed in source form, there is nothing like a Maven
repository for them, and pointing a client to download the library
from somewhere else than the deployed webapp is out of the question,
the best we can do is to include a copy.

BR,

Jukka Zitting