jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject SPI: PropertyDefinition.getRequiredType
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:04:19 GMT
Hi.

During my regression tests with JCR2SPI and my custom SPI implementation
I found a difference that may indicate a missing feature in SPI. Or not.

What happens is that I have a custom node type which internally holds a
potentially huge amount of property definitions, and for that reason,
doesn't expose them at all; instead it reports residual properties of
type UNDEFINED.

In my JCR implementation, when I instantiate a Property and it's
PropertyDefinition, I do look up the actual type, thus getRequiredType()
does not return UNDEFINED.

In JCR2SPI, this doesn't happen, as QNodeTypeDefinition doesn't have a
call for that, and - similarly to other SPI aspects - JCR2SPI assumes
that it has complete knowledge about the node type system. The result
being that JCR2SPI's PropertyDefinition.getRequiredType() returns UNDEFINED.

I'm not sure whether this is worth spending any work on, but I thought
it wouldn't hurt to report it.

Best regards, Julian