jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject JCR-Server => subprojects moved 1 level up
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:08:17 GMT
hi

as suggested by jukka recently (JCR-612 [1]), the subprojects
of the jcr-server have been moved one level up.

summary of major changes

- jcr-server project is no longer 'multiproject'
- jcr-server limited to server implementations
- new artifactIds for new projets (webdav, webapp)
- the former 'client' subproject was merged into the webdav project

adjusted dependencies

the following known dependencies to the jcr-server were adjusted:

- contrib/jcr-browser
- contrib/spi

overview over new project structure

+ jackrabbit
     + contrib
     + jackrabbit
     + jcr-rmi
     + jcr-server
           + src
               + main
                   + java
     + webdav
           + src
               + main
                   + java
     + webapp
           + src
               + main
                   + java
                   + webapp

mapping of artifactIds

old:                    ==>  new:

jackrabbit-jcr-server   ==>  jackrabbit-jcr-server
jackrabbit-jcr-client   ==>  jackrabbit-webdav
jackrabbit-jcr-webdav   ==>  jackrabbit-webdav
jackrabbit-server       ==>  jackrabbit-webapp

project overview

apart from the 'client' code that was integrated into the
webdav project, no code has been moved around so far.

thus the contents of the project is as before:

*webdav* - project

  - WebDAV Server and Client Library
  - no JSR170 dependency
  - no dependency to jackrabbit-core

*jcr-server* - project

  - 2 server implementations (to be split -> see JCR-417 [2])
  > server 1: DAV1,2 compliant server implementation ('simple')
  > server 2: remoting of JSR170 call over webdav.
  - dependency to JSR170
  - no dependency to jackrabbit core

*webapp* - project

  - servlets used for repository access (dependency to core)
  - server 1: SimpleWebdavServlet (common dav support)
  - server 2: JCRWebdavServerServlet (remoting)
  - configuration, web.xml and index file.

TODO

... the docu....
can anybody give me a hint, what parts of the jackrabbit
documentation refer to the jcr-server?

kind regards
angela

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-612