jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: New feature: Clustering
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:31:43 GMT

Will it be possible to replace FileJournal with something more message
oriented ?
eg JGroups or ActiveMQ (JMS Topic)

This is to make the cache invalidation a real event rather than a poll,
and to make the propagation fast.

I believe that you can configure AMQ to manage the persistence of topics
  in various ways so it may cover the outstanding issues you have with
Journal management..... just a thought.

Ian

(BTW, thanks for you comments on what type of cluster... all makes sense
and fits our situation (www.sakaiproject.org) )