jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: New feature: Clustering
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:31:13 GMT
Dominique Pfister a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just committed some files to implement a first approach to
> clustering in jackrabbit. Inside this approach, all repositories in
> the cluster share the persistence layer (e.g. a derby database started
> standalone). When a repository commits some changes, it will write a
> log record to a shared "journal" directory. Another repository
> watching that directory will eventually read this record, invalidate
> its internal caches and fire corresponding events.

More than clustering, does this approach also enable a new PM-based
implementation of the Model 3 deployment, ie a remote, shareable PM,
accessible from various Jackrabbit instances ? I know this is not the
purpose of a PM, but with this proposed architecture, results are
functionnally the same, aren't they ?
I also guess that this approach will be way faster than the RMI one,
even if it's not its primary goal.

Regards,

--
Cédric Damioli