jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject SPI: ValueFactory vs Level-1 implementations (part 2)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:28:24 GMT
Hi,

I just hit another problem with respect to an SPI implementation that is
Level-1 (for now), when accessed by JCR2SPI.

Previously, this would fail early because JCR2SPI just assumed that it
could get the ValueFactory from SessionInfo. Now, it keeps going, but
doesn't have the ValueFactory later on.

This results in NullPointerExceptions once the ValueFactory is needed
later, such as in

         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.value.ValueFormat.getJCRValue(ValueFormat.java: 122)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.PropertyImpl.getValue(PropertyImpl.java
:276)

So maybe we should just state that for SPI, a Level-1 implementation
*does* not to supply a ValueFactory, after all? The alternative probably
would be to instantiate a simple ValueFactory internally, if the SPI
implementation doesn't have one.

Feedback appreciated...

Best regards, Julian