jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Eknath Kadam <eknathka...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using jackrabbit repository remotely
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 16:25:20 GMT
> On 10/4/06, Thomas Mueller <thomas.tom.mueller <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > - For those interfaces that need to be extended, create new interfaces as
> > part of Jackrabbit, and let them extend the JCR API. Then use those
> > interfaces instead of the JCR API for the RMI API and the log/trace wrapper.
> > The application then just casts to the new interfaces instead of the
> > implementation.

Thanks Thomas for the idea.
I modified RemoteWorkspace.java ServerWorkspace.java and
ClientWorkspace.java and added new method
void createWorkspace(String name), rebuild the project and
used the new jar in project.
Now I use following code create new workspace remotely
((ClientWorkspace)workspace).createWorkspace("newWorkspace");

I am sure this approach would work for rest the issue also.
I would recommand if standard jackrabbit-rmi
also provides such functionality.

Thanks,
Eknath