jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SPI (jcr2spi) vs JDK 1.5
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:49:59 GMT
Sorry, there is a misunderstanding.

Of course, everybody (even me) know assertions were introduced in Java 1.4.
That is not the issue.

The issue is: JR doesn't build with Eclipse JDK 1.4 support enabled. You
need to switch it to 1.5. It seems related to assertion (which is strange
since as you said everybody know they were introduced in 1.4).  I didn't
investigate this issue any further but what I know is in Eclipse you need to
enable Java 1.5 to be able to build the project.

I have had this questions a few times, this is why I brought it up when
Julian asked about it. It is not a major issue, but can be annoying to new
users and we should ease as most as possible their path I think.

Nicolas