jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit performance and scalability
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:35:24 GMT
On 10/18/06, Arthur Meyer <arthurm@gx.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have some performance and scalability issues using JackRabbit which
> we would like to solve.
>
> We are very interested in cooperating to achieve better performance and
> are optionally willing
> to pay someone to help improving performance.

Can you list the problems you have identified so far?

> Are more people interested in improving the performance and scalability
> of JackRabbit and
> is there a list of performance improvement options, like upgrading to
> Lucene 2.0?

So, far the only "hot spot" I have identified as performing quite bad
in a highly concurrent environment is the querying system. Indeed,
Lucene 2.0 may have improved here, but as far as I know there are
quite a few changes in the Jackrabbit core that needs to be done to
allow this upgrade.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.