jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "UpAndGone" <upandg...@web.de>
Subject Is it possible to create a HTTP remote file system?
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 18:40:24 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to use an existing storage server that has a REST interface. So
storing files is basically writing its contents to a HTTP stream. Would it
be possible to implement this form of a file system for jackrabbit?

I briefly looked at the FileSystem interface. Problems I see with
getRandomAccessOutputStream() and length() on remote files. Is implementing
this interface the only thing I need to worry about? Also I remember I read
somewhere on the jackrabbit website that writing a PM for an existing data
store is not encouraged, is it?

Many Thanks
Christian M.