jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Modrzyk <nicolas.modr...@macnica.com>
Subject Re: JCR Apps and Exchangable
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:06:15 GMT
you can always access the data in the JCR for sure, and in most cases
only reading the data would cause no problem.
It is a matter of how you display the data onto your new (his)
application.

Unless the application is written to access flexible data format,
(has been written in this way) that would not work. Same is true when
working with different SQL databases.

Try migrating the data from one wiki server to another one... they
could even use the same SQL server but I don't think it would be easy.
Thousands of consultants are making money just by migrating systems
from one data format to another (new?) one.

Regards,

Niko