jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Miro Walker" <miro.wal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.1
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:38:49 GMT
Yeah - it's a fair point. The problem with the deadlock-related stuff
is that it's not such an easy job to contribute in this area. The
locking code is distributed widely throughout the core, and ideally
what's required is a design rethink for the versioning functionality
in jackrabbit. While other bug-fixes are quite reasonable to expect
contributions for, deadlock is almost inevitably going to need to be
sorted out by the longer-standing developers I think.

I'm persuaded re: releasing 1.1, though, I'm just concerned that this
issue is dragging along and I can't see an easy way to get it fixed.
In our case the only workaround has been to single-thread the entire
application and put up with total user lockout during long-running
transactions.

br,

miro