jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Unregistering namespaces
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:35:42 GMT
'if' the nodetypes (as exposed in /jcr:system/jcr:nodeType) would be
referenced instead of referred to by name, we would have an easy
mechanism to find out if a nodetype is no longer needed. but
unfortunately, this was not considered in jsr170. but we could add a
refcount to the nodetypes.

regards, toby

> Hi,
>
> On 10/20/06, Tako Schotanus <quintesse@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-597
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Just a question: where can those registered namespaces be used? In the names
> > of Nodes of course, but are there any other places that have to be checked?
>
> Node and property names are the obvious location, but you also have
> namespace references in NAME and PATH properties, node type
> registrations, and possibly also in asynchronously delivered event
> notifications, session-local namespace remappings, the transient
> spaces, and uncommitted transaction logs.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97