jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: SPI (jcr2spi) vs JDK 1.5
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:41:39 GMT
no offense but imo java developers should know what features and
language extensions were introduced in the respective jdk releases.

also see:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/language/
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/lang/index.html

btw: http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/building.html states:

Jackrabbit uses Maven  version 1.x as the build system and the source
tree is mostly organized according to the Maven Standard Directory
Layout. The Maven version 1.0.2 and Java Development Kit (JDK) version
1.4 are the standard build environment, but you should be quite fine
also with Maven 1.1 and Java 5.

regards, toby

On 10/9/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> About this issue, it is trivial, but each time I invite someone to try JR at
> my company, I got this question. It might be useful to write this info
> somewhere :)
>
> On 10/6/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Tobias Bocanegra schrieb:
> > > assertions were introduced in jdk1.4
> > >
> > > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/lang/assert.html
> >
> > Oh well :-(
> >
> > Obviously Eclipse was checking for 1.3 source compliance by default.
> > Sorry for the embarrassing question.
> >
> > Best regards, Julian
> >

> --
> a+