jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Shane Preater" <shane.prea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Pulling binary data from a property
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:43:26 GMT
Hi,

I have a property on a node called 'blobData' this property has been loaded
using the following snippet:

ValueFactory factory = session.getValueFactory();
Value value = factory.createValue(new ByteArrayInputStream(data));
node.setProperty(propertyName, value);

Then obviously further on a call to session.save(); is used to persist this.

I am now trying to get this binary information back from the property using:

InputStream inputStream = node.getProperty(property)
                            .getStream();
int readInt = 0;
while ((readInt = inputStream.read()) >= 0) {
  outputStream.write(readInt);
 }
return outputStream.toByteArray();

However this always returns an empty byte array as the first call to
inputStream.read() returns -1 indicating the end of the stream.

Could someone point me in the direction of my error.

Thanks,
Shane.