jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Shane Preater" <shane.prea...@googlemail.com>
Subject XPath question 1
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:32:33 GMT
HI,
I am looking to return the following nodes:
/jcr:root/people/users/hashing-bit/*
(hashing bit is the hashing we are using to ensure node depth and therefore
performance).

I need to return the nodes above in a search where they have an additional
child node called author

essentially all the users with the author role.
I have tried the following:
/jcr:root/people/users/hashing-bit/*/author/parent::*
/jcr:root/people/users/hashing-bit/*[element(author, nt:unstructured)]
/jcr:root/people/users/hashing-bit/*[node-name(./*) = 'author']

All to no avail.
I am not sure if this is a specific jackrabbit question or a more general
xpath if its the latter I apologise.

Many thanks,
Shane Preater