jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Jackrabbit 1.2 release plan
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:11:57 GMT
Hi,

This is an early version of the Apache Jackrabbit 1.2 release plan.
The 1.2 release will contain a number of upgrades and restructurings
as illustrated by the list of key issues below. I believe that we can
have the release ready by the end of this year, but I will rather
postpone the release than drop some of these interrelated key
improvements if things take longer to implement and test.

The initial list of key issues targeted for the 1.2 release is:

    * [JCR-332] - Upgrade to Maven 2
    * [JCR-352] - Upgrade to Lucene 2.0
    * [JCR-585] - Create jackrabbit-api(.jar) and the respective
jackrabbit-rmi extensions
    * [JCR-595] - Refactoring of the Persistence Managers
    * [JCR-610] - Upgrade to Derby 10.2
    * [JCR-612] - Restructure the Jackrabbit source tree

You can target other issues and fixes to this release by tagging them
with the Fix Version "1.2" in the issue tracker.

I will send an updated version of this plan once we're closer to the
release. Meanwhile we will have the 1.1.1 release and optionally a
1.1.2 if needed. Please comment if you have ideas or wishes related to
Jackrabbit releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting