jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: refactoring the persistence managers
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:47:33 GMT

On 10/17/06, Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> i would like to move all persistencemanagers and pm related stuff to:
>   org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence
> and drop the 'db', 'mem', 'obj', 'xml' sub-packages.

+1, sounds good.

> because the configurations in the workspaces use fully qualified class
> names, i would put legacy classes in the old places that extend the
> new ones and put them into some sort of compat.jar. or we could
> introduce a more general class-mapping in the configuration that mapps
> FQN to classes (which i prefer).

I'd keep the current classes as deprecated subclasses within
jackrabbit-core.jar until Jackrabbit 2.0. There may (?) be people who
are extending the existing classes, so I'd avoid breaking binary
compatibility there even though we've never promised to actually honor
compatiblity within o.a.j.core.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message