jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Issue JCR-546
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:07:37 GMT
Hi,

On 10/9/06, Ferdinand Chan <ferdinand.chan@dcivision.com> wrote:
> Can anyone explain a bit more on the JCR-546 issue? Does it implies that no
> concurrent check-in can be performed within the system even different users
> are checking in different nodes?

I think so. There's also a long-lasting versioning vs. concurrency
problem that's been a known issue for two years already, JCR-18. :-(

My best advice for now has been to explicitly synchronize on the
repository instance whenever you are doing versioning operations. Note
that you can still do normal read and write operations concurrently
with versioning, so this isn't as bad as it could be. Perhaps we
should put that synchronization inside the versioning methods until
the concurrency issues are solved...

BR,

Jukka Zitting