jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.1
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:31:55 GMT

On 10/6/06, Miro Walker <miro.walker@gmail.com> wrote:
> [x] -1 Don't release until deadlock-related issues are fixed (e.g.
> JCR-546). It just strikes me that major stability issues such as these
> in the core of Jackrabbit should be dealt with as a priority before
> further releases. Of course if the fix time is too long, then perhaps
> that's not possible...?

I'd downgrade JCR-546 from Critical to Major, since the issue only
affects use cases with concurrent versioning operations. It's also
been open since August, and I don't see any immediate action being
taken on it (contributions are welcome :-).

Apart from that, there are always going to be open issues in an
actively developed software product. The 1.1 release contains a large
number of fixes and features that are very useful for a large
audience, and I see no reason why we should delay getting those out
just because of some open issues. It's not like 1.1 will be the last
Jackrabbit release, I'll probably do a 1.1.1 later on and would like
to have 1.2 out at the end of the year.

The only issues I'd consider as real blockers are legal issues like
JCR-573 and technical issues that cause Jackrabbit to fail the JSR 170


Jukka Zitting

Yukatan - http://yukatan.fi/ - info@yukatan.fi
Software craftsmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development

View raw message