jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support concurrent node modifications
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:34:40 GMT
Hi,

On 10/4/06, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> i dare to doubt that a wiki calls for flat hierarchies. wiki's are inherently
> structured and this structure could be easily reflected in a hierarchical
> model.

Of course there are many different types of wikis out there, but the
most basic idea of a wiki is an unstructured collection of interlinked
pages. A flat space would intuitively be my first shot at designing a
wiki content model.

Look at Wikipedia for an example. It does have some hierarchical
add-on structure (talk pages, etc.), but the main content model is
very flat.

BR,

Jukka Zitting