jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: SPI: ClassCastException in jcr2spi's NodeState
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:14:27 GMT
Angela Schreiber schrieb:
> yes. the idea:
>
> i quickly hacked the assertAvailability in to have
> a reminder. it doesn't work anyway and i didn't commit
> the latest changes.
>
> and yes, it was obvious, that you are trying to use
> the spi. but you have to live with completely instable
> code at the moment. it's not finished yet and
> as long as i'm are still committing with 'work in progress'
> comments you can't even rely on the project to compile.

Angela,

thanks for the feedback.

I do know that this is work-in-progress, and I didn't intend to
criticize anybody.

My understanding was that it's A good Thing for SPI if both the
interfaces and the JCR2SPI layer are tested against other SPI
implementations -- so that's what I'm doing.

I fully intend to actually help with JCR2SPI once I start understanding
things, and I think the best way to get there is to actually use it.

So can I proceed by just commenting out that call; or are things more
complicated than that?

Best regards, Julian