jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: SPI: usage of java.util.Properties in interfaces
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:12:30 GMT
I think both approaches have their disadvantages. Using a map requires casting
to Strings (we currently have to stick with 1.4, I think) and Properties class
exposes methods like store and load which are useless (or even dangerous).

I propose we change the RepositoryService interface and use the two descriptor
methods defined in javax.jcr.Repository: getDescriptorKeys() and
getDescriptor(). The implementation then can use whatever collection it prefers.

regards
  marcel