jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Szymon Kuzniak <skuzniak.cognif...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: XPath position() issues
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:33:37 GMT
Jukka Zitting napisaƂ(a):
> Hi,
> On 10/17/06, Szymon Kuzniak <skuzniak.cognifide@wp.pl> wrote:
>> I started working on position() function in XPath query. I was trying to
>> add support for other than equality comparisons for it. But during this,
>> I noticed that position isn't actually working.
> Can you file a Jira issue for this? I think it's worth tracking as a
> separate issue.
there is a issue for this made by Przemo Pakulski:
>> Now I am testing my solution, and will try to post a patch, but I
>> would like
>> to know if you are ok with indexing position of node, and reindexing all
>> adjacent nodes after delete.
> Sounds good. Could the reindexing somehow be limited to just updating
> the position field? I'm afraid that the operation would otherwise be
> quite expensive in performance.

ok, I will try to improve this solution. But if the main idea is good
then I think until the end of this week I will finish the patch.

Currently my collegues are working on integration Jackrabbit with
Maven2, and I am trying to switch to Lucene 2.0. If everything goes ok,
as soon as I finsh migration I will upgrade position() function.

Szymon Kuzniak
szymon.kuzniak( at )cognifide.com
Skype: skuzniak
Cognifide Poland