jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Frans Thamura <flatbur...@meruvian.com>
Subject Re: JCR Apps and Exchangable
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:04:08 GMT
Nicolas Modrzyk wrote:
> you can always access the data in the JCR for sure, and in most cases
> only reading the data would cause no problem.
> It is a matter of how you display the data onto your new (his)
> application.
> Unless the application is written to access flexible data format, (has
> been written in this way) that would not work. Same is true when
> working with different SQL databases.
> Try migrating the data from one wiki server to another one... they
> could even use the same SQL server but I don't think it would be easy.
> Thousands of consultants are making money just by migrating systems
> from one data format to another (new?) one.
yah right, that will be wonderfull if wiki syntax is standarized, and
JCR as the engine, so we can move from confulence to jspwiki, is it

because i just want to develop a system based on dublincore, which the
database can move (done using dbunit), but i want to move also the repo,
i choose JCR.

so, if we know the schema of my sistem, db + jcr content, i think the
system can be moveable,

i think this is the spirit of JCR

View raw message