jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert r. Sanders" <robert.sand...@ipov.net>
Subject Re: Alfresco + Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:43:47 GMT
Actually one thing that I find really interesting about Alfresco - in
case anyone wants to implement it as an add-on to Jackrabbit - is the
CIFS layer which supposedly allows good access to the server (as a
document server) from Windows clients.  Having tried mapping a WeDAV
location as a network drive I can say that it really doesn't work in a
usable fashion.  I would imagine that using the jCIFS library it would
be possible to write something similar for a more generic JSR-170
provider...

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist