jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring of the backupTool
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 17:52:43 GMT
Hi Jukka,

I am following our IM chat where you explained me a few things I didn't
understand at first. I will summarize it here on the ML.

- The getVersionManager in SessionImpl shouldn't be public and will probably
be switched to protected in a later refactoring. Therefore we should create
a getVersionHistoryImporter method in SessionImpl

-  WorkspaceImporter and SysViewImporter should be refactored to avoid
duplicate code. The best way is to use composition with a base class and a
Checkers class called (with different switches to activate different
checks).

I have yet two issues pending (I know we discussed those this morning but I
have new informations):

- Actually between RestoreBatchedItemOperations and BatchedItemOperations, I
only have deleted the "recursively add 'auto-create' child nodes defined in
node type" part. This way, I only create node. This way we only create node
and so don't check for protection (since a node to be created is not yet
protected :p). I could add some composition to this, but only to this part
seems overkill. I don't really see what I can do on this. What do you think?

- NodeVersionHistoriesUpdatableStateManager and UpdatableStateItemManager.
Actually, I created one new UISM because I couldn't understand how the
EventStateCollectionFactory worked (I tried null and to instantiate one but
it didn't work), therefore couldn't reuse the LocalItemStateManager. If
someone can explain it to me, I might be able to delete this class.

I am waiting for your feeback before implementing all changes.

BR,
Nicolas