jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Object-content mapping tool in Graffito
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:14:18 GMT
Hi Jukka,

I think an active Object to Content mapping subproject in Jackrabbit
would be a great addition, since this really builds the bridge between
the Java Developer and JCR, basically in a similar way how something
like Hibernate or JDO makes JDBC development faster, simpler and more
reliable. I think that a general purpose Content Repository project
like Jackrabbit is an ideal place to host such a tool set.

Of course there are many reasons why a Content Repository, for
example with its inheritance based node typing is much more
adequate to handle POJO persistence than an RDBMS.

I would be very excited and already "dream" of java annotation
based content mapping and possibly node type definition in my
java source ;)

regards,
david