jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject is the wiki the right place to distribute binaries?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:00:30 GMT
Hi,

  a few days ago a user uploaded to the wiki a zip file which contains
a jackrabbit installer for jboss. Personally, for lots of reasons, I
think it's a bad idea to distribute binaries through the wiki and I
think the asf has well defined procedures for releasing. I invited the
author to contribute the script to generate the installer but didn't
get a response.

I think it should be removed, however I don't want to remove a user
contribution without knowing the wiki policy and others opinions. So,
wdyt? should we remove the zip file from the wiki?

br,
edgar