jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Shane Preater" <shane.prea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Getting the path from a NodeId
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:11:14 GMT
Hi,
I am tasked with adding Jaas support to my clients Jack rabbit repository so
that they can define who can read, write and remove nodes in a repository
depending on Principals.

They need to be able to set the permissions for nodes based on an XPath
string which can then be resolved against the actual path of the node
requested.

In the AccessManager there is a function called checkPermission(ItemId, int)
which looks like the right place to add this but in order for it to work I
need to resolve the nodes path from the NodeId. Is this even possible?

Many thanks,
Shane.