jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From JavaJ <ponfa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Additional version metadata
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 03:06:04 GMT

For each version of a node, I would like to attach additional metadata such
as the uuid of the user who created the node, a "user-friendly" version
number, user comments, etc.  Has anyone tried to do something similar?

The only way I could see to do this was to add a label for each piece of
metadata.  For example:

label[0] = "user-uuid"
label[1] = "1"
label[2] = "user comments"

The business logic would have to populate and understand the label ordering
of the metadata.  This is a bit awkward, but should work fine as long as the
ordering of the labels are guaranteed.

Does Jackrabbit/JSR-170 guarantee that the ordering of the labels are
guaranteed?  e.g. if you add label "user-uuid", then "1", then "user
comments", you should expect that when you retrieve the labels they would
come back in the same order.

Thanks!
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Dev forum at Nabble.com.