jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : ERROR - failed to write node state
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:35:30 GMT

I had a similar problem with MS SQL Server a few weeks ago, the
problem was that the tables where created with VARCHAR / VARBINARY
length 1 (instead of 255 or whatever the correct length is). Could you
check in the schema if the tables are created in this way. I think
what happened in my case was that the schema for HSQLDB was used,
where it says CREATE TABLE ... ( ... VARCHAR, ...). Just VARCHAR means
VARCHAR(unlimited) for HSQLDB, but it means VARCHAR(1) for MS SQL
Server. Anyway, what I did was, I created the tables manually. At that
time I thought it was a configuration mistake on my side, and didn't
really investigate any further... I used the 'official' MS SQL JDBC
Driver by the way.

> > I am using Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.194
> > ERROR - failed to write node state:
> > deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
> > java.sql.DataTruncation: Data truncation
> > net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:379)

View raw message