jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session-local versioning component?
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:35:22 GMT
Hi,

On 9/11/06, Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> the reason for this was that the version manager was designed to be
> able to store in whatever backend. but nowadays, i think that we won't
> change this anymore and even move the versions more into the content
> structure.

OK, sounds reasonable.

> my plan is to use the 'normal' item manipulations for the versions once
> the version workspace can be transparently mounted and get rid of the
> virtual item states completely. having this, the versioning operations
> would be part of the normal changelog of the transaction.

Cool. Do you already have a plan on how to make that happen? Could the
"LocalItemStateManager for versioning" approach I was proposing be
used as an evolutionary step towards that goal?

The reason I'm raising this issue is that it seems to me to be the
least intrusive way to easily and cleanly support the "restore version
histories" use case.

BR,

Jukka Zitting