jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Jackrabbit 1.1 release plan
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 00:38:42 GMT

This is the release plan for Apache Jackrabbit version 1.1. Unless
anyone objects, I will assume lazy consensus on my continuing role as
the release manager.

I've just gone through the Jira issue list for 1.1 and postponed a
number of issues that I don't think can make it for this release.
There are already almost a hundred resolved issues since 1.0.1 so I
don't think there is any need to wait for any specific issue to make
it in 1.1. Release early, release often.

The 1.1 release will be an incremental improvement over the 1.0 and
1.0.1 releases, with main focus on a number of bug fixes and minor new
features. The most notable change from a deployment point of view is
probably the removal of the Xerces dependency from the Jackrabbit


For now I've left the following issues marked for the 1.1 release,
mostly because I think they can be fixed fairly easily or because I
don't know the exact status of the issues. However, none of these
issues are critical for the release.

  [JCR-517] Reserved status of namespace jcr not enforced.
  [JCR-463] Uncommitted changes or connection leak with Container Managed ...
  [JCR-449] inconsistency in internal version items during commits
  [JCR-446] Prevent logins during repository shutdown
  [JCR-441] Session logout doesn't release locks acquired using addLockToken
  [JCR-435] Node.update() does not work correct for SNS
  [JCR-419] Request for other RMI binding options in RepositoryStartupServlet
  [JCR-320] BinaryValue equals fails for two objects with two different ...
  [JCR-314] Fine grained locking in SharedItemStateManager
  [JCR-43]  Restore on node creates same-name-sibling of OPV-Version child ...
  [JCR-18]  Multithreading issue with versioning

Most notably I decided to postpone both the Maven 2.0 and Lucene 2.0
transitions originally targeted for the 1.1 release. Both these
efforts have progressed slower than I originally planned, and at this
point I don't feel comfortable making too drastic changes. We'll make
those transitions later on.

Please let me know about any issues you'd like to see included in 1.1
or that you think would better be postponed.


I will create the 1.1 branch on Sunday 17th and create the first
release candidates. At that time I will also review the list of open
issues targeted for 1.1 and decide whether there are still some open
issues that should make it in the release. Unless any major issues
occur, I hope to start the release vote during the following week and
publish the approved release during the week after that, at the end of

Note that this schedule is still subject to change.


Jukka Zitting

Yukatan - http://yukatan.fi/ - info@yukatan.fi
Software craftsmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development

View raw message