jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Connelly <dsconne...@adelphia.net>
Subject JSR 283: hard links are back?
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:41:19 GMT
I see from the archives that hard links were removed from Jackrabbit
when they got removed from the JSR 170 spec.

The "Multiple Parent" requirement (Section 6.11), a/k/a hard links, is
back in the early draft of JSR 283.    Did hard links ever work in
Jackrabbit?   Could JR turn on its support for hard links in some future
release, or is this feature just a spec writer's pipe dream?

Am I right in assuming that this feature was considered too *nix-ish for
an MS-ish world?

Is the real world satisfied having only REFERENCE-based soft links to
mix:referenceables?

       -- Dan