jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Connelly <dsconne...@adelphia.net>
Subject One more comment
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:38:09 GMT
The more I work with Graffito ocm the more I like it.   The code is
first-rate and deserves to leave incubation.

However, the ocm code has very few dependencies on Jackrabbit.   Why is
it then to be a Jackrabbit sub-project?

One can connect this ocm tool to a non-JR Content Repository with very
little  effort.

For that reason, I do not see Graffito ocm as a sub-project of
Jackrabbit (assuming "Jackrabbit" is the name of the repository
implementation).

At the risk of being pedantic, let me suggest to you the idea of an
Apache Content Repository Project, with Jackrabbit, OCM and CDNUtils
being co-equal sub-projects (in parallel with the Apache (R)DB Project
having Derby, JDO and DdUtils as its co-equal sub-projects).

    -- Dan