jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From elangodi kalaimani <elango...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dreamweaver to jackrabbit
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:25:48 GMT
Hi can you give me any WebDAV client with which the jackrabbit repository was fully tested?

Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:  elangodi kalaimani schrieb:
> Hi ,
> This is with regard to a problem faced while trying to checkin/check out files from Dreamweaver
8.0 to jackrabbit 1.0.1.

> After analyzing the http conversation, I found the following things happening,
>
> - The mix:versionable property and the jcr:isCheckedOut property, which are very vital
for the versioning and checkin/checkout operations are not getting set on a node, while creating
it and putting it in to the jackrabbit repository.

> -Basically these properties are set while saving a new node.But these are not set on
initializing the DavResource properties.Why is this not getting initialized, On WebDAV request
are these properties set?

> -Dreamweaver does not make a call directly to doCheckin() or the doCheckout() mathods.The
request method is only PROPFIND, GET,LOCK, PUT, OPTIONS, MKCOL etc. How to make jackrabbit
cater to the checkin/checkout operations with only the above mentioned request methods.

Please keep in mind that what many clients call "checkin/checkout" has
nothing to do with versioning. That is, it probably is the expected
behaviour that new versioning happens at all.

That being said, the interesting question is whether the client works
(can it update the resource), and if it doesn't, how exactly it fails
(that's where a complete HTTP trace would be useful).

Best regards, Julian