jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a method to PropInfos
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:59:57 GMT
Hi Dominique,

I agree on this. But I don't see any other alternative than the one Toby
described: add an import/export method to the VersionManager and this means
integrating the backup tool to the core which is something we didn't want to
do at first.

You raise an interesting question about the storage format reliability (in
the "aging" sense). It is one of the main reason why I used the sysView for
workspace and versioning backup. It is  a reliable format since it is
specified in JCR. The specification also specifies the
/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage tree so we will always have a sysView of
those resources. It allowed us to piggyback on a working, reliable and
implemented format. I propose to stick with this format for now and
rediscuss this point when we will be thinking of the version 2 of this tool
(quite soon).

Cheers
Nico