jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue when restoring the Node version history
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 18:59:36 GMT
Hi,

I have encountered an issue when restoring the node version history. As you
know it is part of the shared subtree /jcr:system. All the versioning is
contained within /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage. All those nodes are
protected. I have backupped the data by using the exportXML method of
Session.

I encounter a problem to restore it since those node is protected. I have
found quite a few different approach to restore them. I need your feedback
and your ideas on this please to know which one is the best.

1/ Modify temporarily the NodeDefinition of jcr:storage so it is not
protected.
This approach would modify the NodeDefinition of the protected nodes so they
can be unprotected. I would restore the data using import and then restore
the protection and reload the repository. This way seems the easiest to
achieve restore.

2/ Redefine InternalAddChild in NodeImpl so I can bypass protection. This
method is protected. I would need to add a public method in NodeImpl which
would not check any protection. I would then be able to import the data
using importXML.

3/ Add to the VersionManagerImpl a public import method heavily based on the
SessionImpl one. This solution seems the most elegant but might not be the
easiest.

4/ Change the storage format (right now the sysView) in order to get an
easier restore (using for instance Java serialization).

What do you think?

Nico