jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using jackrabbit to store email with meta-data
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:51:09 GMT
On 8/4/06, Lars Heuer <heuer@semagia.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> [...]
> > are you interested in email webDAV too?
>
> Sure. :)
> Additionally I am interested in a good XML format for msgs.

i suspect that this may be a interesting for MIME messages :-)

javamail may be one place to start (think about xml mappings for MimeMessage).

i suspect that the hardest part of the problem will be defining
exactly that good means in this context. any initial thoughts?

> Well, I want to use Restlet (http://www.restlet.org/) and connect it
> to a 'normal' POP3 / IMAP4 account a provide a restful view on it.

probably the easiest way to do this would be by using javamail to
provide a transparent layer on top of those protocols.

> My approach is a bit different but I think your approach and my
> approach have much in common, so I am interested in your efforts.
> I don't have any code yet, only the idea. :)

i now have the naive implementation working. it's been very useful in
making me think about the problem.

> I'd be happy if you keep me / and or the list informed about the your
> progress.

ditto :-)

- robert