jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using jackrabbit to store email with meta-data
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 21:53:18 GMT
On 8/3/06, Lars Heuer <heuer@semagia.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,

hi lars

> [...]
> >> There has been discussion about generalizing the WebDAV implementation
> >> in Jackrabbit. Some parts are already quite general, i.e. the
> >> Jackrabbit WebDAV server already provides two alternate (file- and
> >> item-based) views to the repository content. Prototyping an "email
> >> view" would be an interesting challenge.
>
> > great :-)
>
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2006JulSep/0016.html
> [...]
>
> Did you receive any feedback on this issue

all the feedback i needed :-)

real problems and implementations are the way to go so that's the way i'm going

i've taken read through the jukatan data model (which looks useful)
but i'm doing my best to forget it for now so that i can learn from my
own mistakes. i plan to triangulation a little later.

> or are you working on something like an e-mail WebDAV protocol?

indirectly, yes

i'm taking a look at naive implementations (but there's a ton of
documentation that i need to write up for the incubator so it's been
going slow)

i've been playing around with a mini-project using jackrabbit and
james to store and analyse the incubator mailing lists. (which i other
uses for.) i should have it working this weekend. it's given me some
more ideas for new mini-projects (maybe a javamail service
implementation using jackrabbit or a james email store which uses
jackrabbit).

are you interested in email webDAV too?

- robert