jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbits own FileSystem and unit tests
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:31:04 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

> jr does have a 'physical' home directory. i don't think that we should
> change
> that. that doesn't necessarily mean that any files are written to that
> directory.

For which reason does jr need a 'physical' home directory? And how do I prevent
jr from writing files to this directory? I've got a configuration running where
I use my MemoryFileSystem, InMemoryPersistenceManager and a lucene RAMDirectory,
but there jr still creates the following structure in the file system:

./repository
./repository/index
./repository/index/_0
./repository/index/indexes
./repository/index/ns_mappings.properties
./repository/index/redo.log
./version
./version/blobs
./workspaces
./workspaces/default
./workspaces/default/blobs
./workspaces/default/index
./workspaces/default/index/_0
./workspaces/default/index/indexes
./workspaces/default/index/redo.log
./workspaces/default/workspace.xml
./repository.xml
./.lock

Is there anything else I need to configure?

Cheers,
Christoph