jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>
Subject Re: Reregistering Nodetypes
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:50:11 GMT
Nicolas wrote:

> Why not use
> EffectiveNodeType<file:///home/ntoper/ebooks/jackrabbit/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/EffectiveNodeType.html>

> *reregisterNodeType<file:///home/ntoper/ebooks/jackrabbit/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/NodeTypeRegistry.html#reregisterNodeType%28org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeDef%29>

> *(NodeTypeDef<file:///home/ntoper/ebooks/jackrabbit/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/NodeTypeDef.html>

> ntd) from the NodeTypeRegistry?.

Because of three things:

1. NodeTypeRegistry is no part of the public API, but JackrabbitNodeTypeManager
is to my understanding.
2. My nodetype definitions are in CND-Format. If I want to change my node types
I could parse them with CompactNodeTypeDefReader. But as far as I can see there
is no possibility to get the namespaces defined in the CND file and register
them before my nodetypes.
3. A lot of people are asking for such a feature and I think my proposed
solution is an easy way for everyone to change nodetypes.

Cheers,
Christoph