jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Litmus setup to run against jackrabbit
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:12:21 GMT
Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote on 08/15/2006 10:21:46 AM:

> David Kennedy wrote:
>
> > I'm running JCRWebdavServerServlet (not the simple server).
>
> hm. this doesn't make sense from my point of view.

I guess you're saying it doesn't make sense that I'd be running litmus
against the JCRWebdavServerServlet and not that the problem is occurring.
I didn't realize "all bets are off" with JCRWebdavServerServlet and that
only the SimpleWebdavServlet is modeled to be compliant.  I thought the
remoting with the JCRWebDavServerServlet was still an attempt to be
compliant (with additional extensions where needed).  My mistake.  When
you responded previously that the testcases you used to drive the webdav
server were the litmus tests, I'd assumed that the same tests could be
used against either servlet.  Do you have a test suite you use to drive
the JCRWebdavServerServlet?

btw, as I'm sure you are aware, the reason the tests wouldn't run is
because based on the URL,
http://<host>:<port>/<contextroot>/server/litmus, that is parsed litmus
is
parsed to be the workspace (which I adjusted the config so my default
workspace was created as litmus) and the Resource path is /.  This will
cause the RootItemCollection to be created which, when requested for its
collection, returns the parent or RootCollection representing the
workspace.  This collection does not permit addMember or removeMember.

My litmus tests did run against the SimpleWebdavServlet with the exception
of propmanyns of prop (possibly the patch you recently contributed) and
propget of prop (No value given for property {kappa}somename)

So is there a suite of tests to run against JCRWebdavServerServlet?