jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Shanmugam Gopal" <haishanmu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 05:15:54 GMT
Hi,

I am very very sorry for asking the same question again and again.
Still I am not able to understand exactly what(which) is simpleserver and
what(which) is jcrserver.

Ultimately this is what I am trying to do...!

By deploying the war distribution in Tomcat 5.5, l am trying to perform
checkout, checkin and
versiong from any webdav client - Dreamweaver.(Dreamweaver supports webdav
and I am trying to access the repository by using Manage site option.)

While debugging the code, I found that Dreamweaver makes only calls like
"OPTIONS", "GET", "LOCK" and "PUT".
It does not make any http calls like "CHECKIN" OR "CHECKOUT".

1) Just I want to know whether this is possible or not?

2) Also, How does this war distribution help the repository users?
More specifically what can be done by using distribution.
(As of now I am able to see the browser content by using the browser view in
index.jsp)

3) How this war distribution is tested ?

Regards,
Shan

>From: Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com>
>To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
>Subject: Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution
>Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:40:19 +0200
>
>Shanmugam Gopal wrote:
>>I am not clear about that SimpleServer and jcrserver. Can you elaborate on
>>this?
>
>please have a look at the index.jsp
>and at previous posts in the dev list.
>
>>But I am not able to perform check in or check out operation from the
>>webdav client(Dreamweaver).
>
>i don't know, what kind of HTTP calls are issued by a
>dreamweaver checkin/checkout.
>if it is CHECKOUT and CHECKIN as defined by deltaV,
>it won't work. as i said before: simpleserver does not have
>deltaV functionality implemented yet.
>
>angela

Sexy, sultry, sensuous. - see why Bipasha Basu is all that and more. Try MSN
Search http://server1.msn.co.in/Profile/bipashabasu.asp