jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Shanmugam Gopal" <haishanmu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:38:58 GMT
I have deployed  jackrabbit-server-1.0.1 in Tomcat 5.5 with JDK 1.4.2.
Now I am trying to access the repository from webDAV Client - Dreamweaver
and able to get the repository structure in Dreamweaver(using Manage Site
option in Dreamweaver.)

1. I created a folder in the repository(right click - New Folder...Ex/;
Hello)
2. Checked out this folder to my local machine (right click on folder name -
checkout)
3. Got the same folder in my local machine now.
4. Created a text file in that folder(Ex...Hello.txt)
5. Checked in the folder to the repository
6. Now the repository contains a folder called Hello and a file Hello.txt
inside the folder.
7. Again I checkout the file to my local machine.
8. After making some changes to the file, trying to check in.
9. But while checking the content of the file in repository, it is not
updated.

I got the following exception

Adding a new file/folder is not a problem.
But Check out then check in is the problem in Dreamweaver with Jackrabbit.

During checkout, a lock file is created in local folder(<filename>.LCK).
I think this is created by dreamweaver.

During Checkin, the addMember method in DavResourceImpl class throws the
following exception.

org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.DavException: Locked         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.simple.DavResourceImpl.addMember(DavResourceImpl.java:596)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.doPut(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:666)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.execute(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:318)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.service(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:255)

Not able to understand the root cause of the problem.
While adding the file for the first time it works fine. But check-out then
check-in is not working.

As I said earlier in my mail, Dreamweaver always make http calls like
"PROPFIND", "GET", "LOCK", "PUT". It does not make calls like "CHECKIN" OR
"CHECKOUT".

May I know whether this war has been tested by using any webdav client like
dreamweaver?

Please provide detailed response.

Regards,
Shan

>From: Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com>
>To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
>Subject: Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution
>Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:36:05 +0200
>
>Shanmugam Gopal wrote:
>
>>By deploying the war distribution in Tomcat 5.5, l am trying to perform
>>checkout, checkin and
>>versiong from any webdav client - Dreamweaver.(Dreamweaver supports webdav
>>and I am trying to access the repository by using Manage site option.)
>>
>>While debugging the code, I found that Dreamweaver makes only calls like
>>"OPTIONS", "GET", "LOCK" and "PUT".
>>It does not make any http calls like "CHECKIN" OR "CHECKOUT".
>
>ah. in this case your discription was misleading. i don't
>have a dreamweaver installation. so how should i know,
>what you mean by 'checkin', 'checkout'?
>
>please check the HTTP conversation between your client
>and the dav server. and second, find out, whether the
>same problem occurs with other dav clients as well.
>
>unless you are able to provide a detailed description of
>what is failing and under which condition, i can't help you.
>i could imagine, that LOCK on a null resource fails.  but
>this is just a wild guess.
>
>angela
>
>ps: please. always send messages to the dev list and not to
>me directly.

NRIs: Send Money FREE! Go ahead and register now!
http://ads.mediaturf.net/event.ng/Type=click&FlightID=20273&AdID=65989&TargetID=11172&Targets=11172&Values=202,414,1093,1264,3122&Redirect=http:%2F%2Fwww.icicinri.net%2Fmoney2india%2F%3Fm2i%3DBAC-MSN%26att%3DMSNTLM2I18CHAR%26rfr%3DMSNTLM2I18CHAR