jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Shanmugam Gopal" <haishanmu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:50:17 GMT
Hi,
I am not clear about that SimpleServer and jcrserver. Can you elaborate on
this?
I have deployed that war in Tomcat server and by default it configures the
repository
under bin folder.
Now I am able to see repository content from webdav client by accessing the
url
http://localhost:8080/jack101/repository/default where "repository" means
the SimpleWebDavServlet and default is the worksapce.

But I am not able to perform check in or check out operation from the webdav
client(Dreamweaver).
Just I want to know whether this can be done using that war file or anything
else we need to do.

Regards,
Shan

>From: Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com>
>To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
>Subject: Re: jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution
>Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:35:02 +0200
>
>Shanmugam Gopal wrote:
>>All,
>>
>>What are all the functionalities supported by this
>>jackrabbit-server-1.0.1.war distribution.
>>By deploying this war file, can we perform checkin/checkout from webdav
>>client.
>
>it depends....
>
>simpleserver -> no  (see JCR-388)
>jcrserver    -> yes
>
>but normally people looking for webdav support on top of
>jackrabbit are looking for the functionality provided
>by the simpleserver. the aim of jcrserver is to map the
>functionality provided by JSR170 to WebDAV, in order to
>allow remoting of JSR170 via WebDAV.
>

>regards
>angela

Who will win Bollywood’s most coveted IIFA awards? You decide! Cast your
vote! http://server1.msn.co.in/sp06/IIFA2006/static/weekend.asp