jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Shanmugam Gopal" <haishanmu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Dreamweaver to jackrabbit
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:17:08 GMT
Hi,

I also faced the same problem while working in Dreamweaver with Jackrabbit
repository.

1) Finally is it possible to use jackrabbit(1.0.1 war distribution)
repository
    with Dreamweaver through webdav protocol for operation like "CHECKIN"
AND "CHECKOUT". ?

   Is problem with Dreamweaver implementation  or Jackrabbit's
implementation of checkin and        checkout.

2) Is Jackrabbit1.0.1 war distribution tested with any other webdav clients
?
    So that I can perform the same using other clients instead of
Dreamweaver.

Regards,
Shanmugam G

>From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
>To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Dreamweaver to jackrabbit
>Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:58:42 +0200
>
>elangodi kalaimani schrieb:
>>Hi ,
>>   This is with regard to a problem faced while trying to checkin/check
>>out files from Dreamweaver 8.0 to jackrabbit 1.0.1.
>>      After analyzing the http conversation, I found the following things
>>happening,
>>      - The mix:versionable property and the jcr:isCheckedOut property,
>>which are very vital for the versioning and checkin/checkout operations
>>are not getting set on a node, while creating it and putting it in to the
>>jackrabbit repository.
>>      -Basically these properties are set while saving a new node.But
>>these are not set on initializing the DavResource properties.Why is this
>>not getting initialized, On WebDAV request are these properties set?
>>      -Dreamweaver does not make a call directly to doCheckin() or the
>>doCheckout() mathods.The request method is only PROPFIND, GET,LOCK, PUT,
>>OPTIONS, MKCOL etc. How to make jackrabbit cater to the checkin/checkout
>>operations with only the above mentioned request methods.
>
>OK,
>
>I did some traces with an eval version of Dreamweaver, Jackrabbit and
>another WebDAV server.
>
>First of all, what Dreamweaver calls "checkin/checkout" is locking, nothing
>more.
>
>That being said, the implementation of locking seems to be very weird (as
>with all Adobe products, as far as I can recall).
>
>After sending a LOCK request, it doesn't simply take the lock token, but
>does a PROPFIND request of DAV:activelock to retrieve it. That seems to
>fail with Jackrabbit as it doesn't preserve what was sent as DAV:owner,
>contrary to
><http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-15.html#rfc.section.9.10.1>.
>
>Best regards, Julian

The next best thing! Messenger Video Conversation. Click here!
http://join.msn.com/messenger/overview2000