jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AbstractSAXEventGenerator query
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:01:19 GMT
On 8/6/06, Jack Park <jack.park@sri.com> wrote:
> What might be the objections raised to turning this abstract class into
> a public one (in future distributions) for purposes of allowing others
> to write exporters in jackrabbit applications that have different
> behaviors? That would be done by externally extending this class. (I
> realize that, as a default, one can simply duplicate the code in this
> class externally).

AbstractSAXEventGenerator is a core class. i try to avoid making internal
jackrabbit classes public in order to discourage their use from outside of the
core package. core classes should not be externally referenced as they might
change at any time and without notice.

if AbstractSAXEventGenerator is reasonably generic and without
dependencies on the core we could consider moving it to a 'util'
package. feel free to file an 'enhancement' issue.

> As a for instance, I would prefer to be able to just export an arbitrary
> node (perhaps there is a way, but I haven't found it), and I'd prefer to
> have the namespace declarations not go with the first node exported, but
> instead, go with a set of declarations outside nodes.
> And, I wouldn't mind a closing </node> tag (not available in an svn
> build from a month ago, possibly changed lately?)

i seriously doubt that the exported xml is not wellformed. please create a
jira issue if you can proof me wrong.

cheers
stefan