jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Adding a method to PropInfos
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:23:56 GMT
> The patches are posted.
>
> I am waiting for your feedback to perform the last refactoring so we can
> start using it.
>

>From Jira Issue:
> - Update to VersionManagerImpl and to RepositoryImpl.
> In order to restore the NodeVersionHistories, I need to gain access to the
> VersionManagerImpl persistence (through a getter) manager. For this, I need
> to put the getVersionManager() of RepositoryImpl in public  (I couldn't use
> the one from SessionImpl since there can be a XAVersionManager and the
> cast to VersionManagerImpl doesn't work in this case)

this is a wrong asumption, that the version manager stores the
versions in a persistence manager. the version manager is
intentionally kept abstract, so that an implementation could use
another, more efficient way to store  the versions. it's not good to
access the vesions persistence manager directly.

i would prefer adding 3 methods to the version manager:

   public void exportVersions(OutputStream out)
   public void exportVersions(ContentHandler handler)
   public void importVersions(InputStream in, boolean update)

that does a systemview like export/import of all version histories,
directly below the export-root.

doing so, the version export/import is not tied to the persistence anymore.
regards, toby
T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97